This is at least incredibly true for me. Connect with myself, my world, my higher power, the space around me, and most importantly other people.
Sometimes, I get so wrapped up in getting things done that all I do is get things done.
Here are the problems with that:
- I make no room to actually connect with the people around me.
- I get so far into my head that I forget that connection is what keeps me sane.
- I develop irrational resentments for things that most times don’t really make sense.
- I feel manic, anxious, and unhappy a lot.
- I disconnect from myself.
- I feel like I’m walking around in the dark until someone thumps me on the head, literally or metaphorically and reminds me to be present, be real, and just connect with other people.
It’s that damn simple.
So, I’m going to make this one very short…the shortest I’ve made a post, because honestly I haven’t really slowed down enough lately to connect with myself and my significant other.
Catch you in the next post.